(re-posted from yahoo listserve)
This year’s theme is “Let Your Imagination Take Flight! Read a Book!” Please join the fun and show the community how great Greenbelt Elementary School is! We need folks to carry signs and wave to the crowd.
When: Labor Day Monday 10am start time. Please be there by 9:30ish. Please allow time to park and walk to us.
Where: The final placement will be announced later this week. We will be near the front of the parade again which allows participants to view most of the parade at the main square when we finish. We will meet on Crescent Rd. near the Greenbelt Baptist Church (located on the corner of Crescent Rd. and 101 Greenhill Rd, Greenbelt, MD 20770). Look for large butterfly (no car), green PTA banner, and friends in green shirts. I will post our official line-up when I find out.
What: We are in the process of creating a rather large butterfly that will soar above our heads. Please wear green or the school shirt even if it isn’t green OR wear butterfly wings or dress as a bee or dragonfly or wear fairy wing or decorate your hat with large flowers. Some folks will be carrying signs that state the theme along with “Reaching New Heights”. We also have a few umbrellas that are flowers to carry. If you feel like decorating an umbrella as a flower, feel free.
(This theme is also in keeping with the mosaic mural that our 4th and 5th grade students will be creating for the front of the school, whose theme is pollinators/butterflies/native flowers. It will be mounted in the spring)
See you there! An RSVP to my email would help me sleep better this week.
best, Ingrid Hass
(PTA Arts and Beautification Chair)
(message copied from our yahoo listserve)
Please donate your used books to the GES PTA Labor Day Book Sale as soon as possible. We will continue to take donations until Wednesday, August 30th at the Co-op Grocery store and at Greenbelt Elementary. We need to sort the books before the sale, so the sooner you can get them to us the better. All leftover books will be sold to a book dealer. Thank you!
On August 31st @ 3:00 PM, come out and meet other Kindergarten families after orientation – we’ll bring the popsicles! Weather permitting, we’ll meet at the
playground across from 73 Court Ridge (two blocks from GES).
The PTA is excited to welcome new and returning families to Greenbelt Elementary! Stay tuned for updates on important events and exciting opportunities to get involved!
Right now, we’re organizing our annual Labor Day Book Sale! We’re looking for donations and volunteers, and, of course, for a great turnout at the Labor Day Festival!
Welcome from the Greenbelt Elementary Parent Teacher Association (GES-PTA)! We hope you will join us at a meeting (first Tuesday of most months during the school year.)
The purpose of the Greenbelt Elementary School PTA is to:
- Promote activities that enhance the joy and well-being of GES students and staff in a way that complements and enriches the learning environment;
- Advocate on behalf of students, staff and the school;
- Build community within the school, and enhance the relationship among the school, parents, and the wider community;
- Encourage the community’s investment of time, energy and money into Greenbelt’s public schools.
PTA meetings are held on the first Tuesday of most months, 7-8:30pm in the Media Center. Free child care is available in the gym.
2017-2018 Meeting Dates
October 3, 2017
November 7, 2017
February 6, 2018
March 6, 2018
May 1, 2018
GES families are encouraged to become involved with the PTA, and there are many opportunities available:
- Running and helping with the special events during the year, including the Labor Day Book Sale, our biggest fundraiser; Rafael’s Race; Scholastic Book Fairs; Spring Fair; and Multicultural Night
- Helping with hospitality for staff and teacher appreciation throughout the year and during Staff and Teacher Appreciation week.
- Maintaining and updating school bulletin boards, the sign outside the school, and this web page
- Organizing collection of Box Tops for Education… and more!