The purpose of the Greenbelt Elementary School PTA is to:
- Promote activities that enhance the joy and well-being of GES students and staff in a way that complements and enriches the learning environment;
- Advocate on behalf of students, staff and the school;
- Build community within the school, and enhance the relationship among the school, parents, and the wider community;
- Encourage the community’s investment of time, energy and money into Greenbelt’s public schools.
PTA meetings are held on the first Tuesday of most months, 7-8:30pm in the Media Center. Free child care is available in the gym.
October 2, 2018
November 13, 2018
February 5, 2019
March 5, 2019
May 7, 2019
GES families are encouraged to become involved with the PTA, and there are many opportunities available:
- Running and helping with the special events during the year, including the Labor Day Book Sale, our biggest fundraiser; Rafael’s Race; Spring Fair, and Staff and Teacher Appreciation.
- Maintaining and updating school bulletin boards, the sign outside the school, and this web page
- Organizing collection of Box Tops for Education… and more!
Greenbelt Elementary School PTA
c/o Greenbelt Elementary School
66 Ridge Road
Greenbelt, MD 20770
PTA Email List
The PTA has a group email list which allows members to post questions and join in discussions about the PTA, the school, or education in general.
To join this list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively join yahoo (free) at www.yahoo.com, then go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/greenbelt_elem to add your name to the group list.
To post messages to the group, simply send email to email@example.com.
Connect with Greenbelt Elementary on Facebook!
Greenbelt Elementary School has a Facebook page!
Connect with Greenbelt Elementary on Twitter!