Welcome from the Greenbelt Elementary Parent Teacher Association (GES-PTA)! We hope you will join us at a meeting (first Tuesday of most months during the school year.)
The purpose of the Greenbelt Elementary School PTA is to:
- Promote activities that enhance the joy and well-being of GES students and staff in a way that complements and enriches the learning environment;
- Advocate on behalf of students, staff and the school;
- Build community within the school, and enhance the relationship among the school, parents, and the wider community;
- Encourage the community’s investment of time, energy and money into Greenbelt’s public schools.
PTA meetings are held on the first Tuesday of most months, 7-8:30pm in the Media Center. Free child care is available in the gym.
2017-2018 Meeting Dates
October 3, 2017
November 7, 2017
February 6, 2018
March 6, 2018
May 1, 2018
GES families are encouraged to become involved with the PTA, and there are many opportunities available:
- Running and helping with the special events during the year, including the Labor Day Book Sale, our biggest fundraiser; Rafael’s Race; Scholastic Book Fairs; Spring Fair; and Multicultural Night
- Helping with hospitality for staff and teacher appreciation throughout the year and during Staff and Teacher Appreciation week.
- Maintaining and updating school bulletin boards, the sign outside the school, and this web page
- Organizing collection of Box Tops for Education… and more!