Welcome from the Greenbelt Elementary Parent Teacher Association (GES-PTA). We hope you consider joining us at one of our regular meetings (first Tuesday of each month during the school year.)
The purpose of the Greenbelt Elementary School PTA is to:
- Promote activities that enhance the joy and well-being of GES students and staff in a way that complements and enriches the learning environment;
- Advocate on behalf of students, staff and the school;
- Build community within the school, and enhance the relationship among the school, parents, and the wider community;
- Encourage the community’s investment of time, energy and money into Greenbelt’s public schools.
PTA meetings are held on the first Tuesday of most months, 7-8:30pm in the Media Center.
Free child care is available in the gym.
GES families are encouraged to become involved with the PTA, and there are many opportunities available:
- Running and helping with the special events during the year
– the used book sale and parade at the Greenbelt Labor Day Festival
– Rafael’s Race, a 5K race that takes place in October
– Scholastic book fairs in the school in fall and spring
– Spring Fair
– Multicultural dinner pot-luck in May
- Helping with hospitality for staff and teacher appreciation throughout the year and during Staff and Teacher Appreciation week.
- Maintaining and updating school bulletin boards, the sign outside the school, and this web page
- Organizing collection of Box Tops for Education
… and more!